Litho Circuits Ltd. now offers the new IP42 SOX LED replacement lamp for LED street lamps. This is the ideal replacement for those old tired orange style SOX lamps, they illuminate instantly and give a much better colour-rendering index to the area being lit. This LED SOX lamp will give a 70-80% saving compared to LPS (Low Pressure Sodium) lights. With all the base cap options available for this LED SOX lamp it makes for quick and easy replacement over to LED. With the new high output Bridgelux 3030 LED Chip this LED SOX lamp is delivering an impressive 110Lm/W (Lumens Per Watt). We have three options starting at 20-watt and going up to the 35-watt option
- Current SOX gas filled lamps are being phased out and becoming more and more expensive and difficult to obtain.
- Current SOX lamps give off 360 degree of light which increases light pollution
- Internal driver allowing for direct like for like replacement.
- 90 degree rotation for accurate alignment of the SOX lamp
- Instant on feature, no waiting for the lamp to warm up to full brightness
- Correct light distribution where the light is required
- Robust and strong with no glass to worry about breaking
- Repairable if required.
- Low running temperature
- No UV or IR
- No Flicker
WHAT IS LIGHT POLLUTION?
Components of light pollution include:
- Glare– excessive brightness that causes visual discomfort
- Up-light– brightening of the night sky over inhabited areas
- Light trespass– light falling where it is not intended or needed
- Clutter– bright, confusing and excessive groupings of light sources
Most of us are familiar with air, water, and land pollution. Did you know light can also be a pollutant?
The fact is that much outdoor lighting used at night is inefficient, overly bright, poorly targeted, improperly shielded. This light, and the electricity used to create it, is being wasted by spilling it into the night sky, rather than focusing it on to the actual objects and areas that require illumination.
HOW BAD IS LIGHT POLLUTION?
If you live in an urban or suburban area all you have to do to see this type of pollution is go outside at night and look up at the sky. Below is a pic Before and After
With BC and ES base cap options for this LED SOX lamp it makes for an easy switch to LED. Using the high output Bridgelux LED Chip this LED SOX lamp is delivering an impressive 110Lm/W (Lumens Per Watt).
Every day the earth’s resources are becoming harder to abstract. The gases used in the original SOX lamp is one such product. This is why you are finding it harder as well as very expensive to buy the old gas SOX lamps.
The old “Orange” look of street lighting is now a thing of the past as well as being a major contributor to light pollution.
Take a look across the skyline at night now where LED lighting has been installed and what it the most noticeable thing you see?
Before you would have known where every town and city was across the horizon by its distinctive orange glow. This is all changing, we are seeing a massive reduction in light pollution. The Litho Circuits Ltd. LED SOX lamp for direct replacement for LED street lamps is helping to make those changes.
LED CORRECT COLOUR CHOICE
The LED SOX lamp comes in the 3000 Kelvin warm white option or the 4500 Kelvin natural daylight white as well as the 6000K cool bright white.
When making the CCT colour choice it is worth bearing in mind if you have CCTV in use. Moving over to LED SOX lamps will enhance the CCTV picture imagery by making the right choice of colour.
* Price does not include VAT at 23% *